Edward de Bono
This book offers a concept to get meetings of 30 minutes instead of 4 hours. It’s about dividing thinking in six segments.
- white hat — We’ll only use information, facts (NOT feelings!) and truths and tackle the problem from an objective angle.
- red hat — This is when you can say: “I think this is rubbish”
- black hat — This is where we address the negative aspects.
- yellow hat — The other side of black, we get the positives out.
- green hat — Here we think towards creativity and new ideas
- blue hat — This is where we do not think about the problem but about the thinking we did! So did we miss something, what’s the structure we going to follow, etc…
Cons: There are a lot of example phrases which do not add much to the book.